Saturday, July 9, 2011

On the Road Again

I have spent much of the past 4 months confined within the small ca coons of different modes of transportation. Planes, trains, automobiles, and briefly a scooter. Currently my chariot is a Megabus en route to New York at 2:40 in the morning. I love travel and I love that I have to sometimes travel for work but being in a constant state of motion can get a girl down. I have started to watch the show "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" and can't help but feel like my bloodline, made up of mostly Cherokee and mountain people, contains traces of the infinite Gypsy. The people on the show are referred to as "travelers", and yes indeed I am a super duper traveler.
So here are some Gypsy tips to keep you feelin fresh, even in the most awkward and tiniest of crawl spaces.

1. Bring a Blanket and or sweater
I don't care if its 90 degrees outside, the temperature inside some sort of traveling vessel will always go up and down. There is nothing worse than being on a bus or plane and freezing to death.
2. Bring Snacks and Water
Airplane food is expensive and if you fly low class like I do you usually always have to buy food unless your on an international flight. But even on international flights the food served to the peasants in economy is crumby and packed with preservatives and sodium. So bring trial mix, fruit, and water. This also goes for bus trips, because you can't just ask them to pull into the next BP along the interstate.
3. Bring Entertainment
Kind of a no brainer but sometimes internet doesn't work, phones die, and chargers stop working and you need an old fashion book or magazine
4. Get things done while traveling
Especially long distances. Return phone calls, emails, read that article, start a blog. Don't just update your status a million times. Things on your to-do list you have been putting off can get squared away when you only have a 2 foot radius to move.

Maybe these couple of Gypsy travelin tricks will help you out on your next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment